Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Breakfast Club Blog

I watched the Breakfast Club on a rainy Saturday morning. I have seen the movie one other time in the past. I told one of my friends about my assignment and what movie I watched, he responded “what a great movie to watch on a rainy Saturday” I feel that The Breakfast Club is a timeless classic.
This film was definitely a lower budget movie. I believe there were only 7 cast members in the movie and the film was shot in one set location. The film was directed by John Hughes. John directed quite a few great movies that I was able to watch growing up. The cast of actors fit the characters quite well. There was a perfect mixture of character traits, which is was I think the script writer was looking for. The film had a Red Head, Blond, Brunette, and Brown Haired characters. The characters were also from every different social structure you could find in a high school setting back in the 1980’s. There was a punk rebel, a divorcee rich girl, an outcast introverted girl, a high school jock, and a brainiac un-cool kid.
I noticed that the film used dull or bland colors. The lighting of the movie was not actually dark but dim. I believe that the lighting of the movie matched perfectly with the viewing of it on a rainy overcast day. I was not impressed with the audio of the movie. I felt that I kept having to readjust the volume on my TV in order to catch everything. This could have been caused by the budget or use of technology for the film.
Music was used during the film to play into suspense and drama. This film actually used 80’s rock music. I believe that one of the best parts of the movie was when the kids were trying to evade the teacher in the hall ways. Throughout this entire segment music was playing. The movie also opened and closed with music as well.
The Breakfast Club was a very moving film as far a breaking down of social structures within a school go. At first when the kids are entering detention and choose their seats I initially thought that the princess would fall for the jock and the outcast would fall for the rebel. But this did not happen. As walls and barriers were taken down and broken between the students the exact opposite happened. The jock ended up falling for the outcast girl and the princess ended up falling for the rebel.  

I really enjoyed view this film. I would definitely recommend this show to anyone. As I have already said this movie is a timeless classic that can be viewed more than one time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment