Sunday, June 1, 2014

Little Miss Sunshine Blog

Little Miss Sunshine was a great movie about bringing a family together. The film had two directors John Dayton and Valerie Farris. I have never really looked into the directors of films before; I started to research this after reading Chapter 11 of the text “The Art of Watching Films”.
Chapter 10 of the text is about analyzing actors of a film. I think that the actors of the film were very good. At first I notice that Steve Carell was staring in the movie, I immediately thought the movie was going to be a comedy with him as the main role. I soon found out that was not the case at all. Steve actually had a semiserious role within the movie. I don’t think I would actually classify the movie as a comedy but I did find myself laughing from time to time.
Music was used throughout the movie. One of the most memorable was when Olive was dancing for the beauty contest. I believe she was dancing to “Super Freak”. I found this part of the movie very funny. The film used very light vibrant colors as well. All the characters dressed in lightly colored outfits. The vehicle that the family traveled in was yellow, another light color. I definitely feel that the use of light colors in a film picks up the viewer’s spirits.
I also like the way the script writer kept having things get worse and worse for the family. One of the main symbols of deterioration throughout the movie was the family van. I believe they were traveling in a volkswagon van that basically fell apart on them throughout the movie.

I really enjoyed viewing this film. I would recommend it for a family to view as long as the children were at least teenagers. I also think this would be a great movie to be watched by couples.  

No comments:

Post a Comment