Sunday, May 11, 2014

Casablanca

I got the pleasure of watching the classic Casablanca on May 11th 2014. I have to say I found the movie very enjoyable. I was very intrigued with the plot and I liked the way the director led me into the movie. I have to be honest I do not think I would have given the movie a chance if it had not been a requirement in my film class I am currently taking. I also do not think I would have given the movie a fair review or chance if I had not first read The Art of Watching Films 8th edition.
I believe that chapter one of The Art of Watching Films was the most helpful with older movies. Throughout chapter one the Authors give you tips and tricks to open your mind to new films that you may not be used to. I enjoyed the plot as the main character played a duel role. He seemed to mingle with the criminals and crooked characters of the movie as well and helping out the innocent or (good guys) of the movie. This type of film has always been able to capture me. I really enjoyed the film and would recommend it to anyone looking to broaden their horizons in film watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment